New app for asthma patients
Heard about MyAsthma? If not, it’s a programme, developed by pharmaceutical and healthcare giant GSK, that provides services, information and support that can help those with asthma to take control of their condition.
There is a MyAsthma website dedicated to the provision of: useful tips, practical advice and special monitoring tools to help both children and adults control and manage their asthma.
There is also a cool new app for asthma patients that has been launched to complement the website. The app has been designed for over-12s but in this day and age, you’ll probably find your six-year-old quite capable of understanding the app’s functionality.
Technology is a tool through which children can be encouraged to take responsibility for, and learn about, their asthma. MyAsthma’s app is both articulate and fun.
Presented in clear, straightforward language, the features of MyAsthma (the app for asthma patients) include:
* Local environment dashboard enabling you to check the potential asthma triggers of temperature, pressure, pollen and pollution levels where you are .
* The Asthma Control Test and monitoring chart, which let you record and review your progress.
* Personalised information notifications based specifically on your profile.
* Content library – with just about everything that is important to know about asthma.
* A visual diary for you to record and chart your feelings about your asthma.
* Email reports you can share with your healthcare professional to help them provide appropriate advice for your asthma control.
This is a public forum and we welcome your opinions. However, libelous and abusive comments are not permitted.