Author Archives: Andrea Zanin

Andrea Zanin

About Andrea Zanin

My name is Andrea. I have a Bachelor of Arts Law Degree with English as a major. I then went on to complete an Honours in English (literature) for which I achieved a cum laude result. I have worked as a secondary school teacher and more recently an Online Content Editor for a B2B publication. I currently work as a Freelance Writer, News Editor and Music Journalist. I also manage two personal blogs that provide an outlet for my creative writing passion. I am a qualified professional but I am also a mum; a working mum (no mean task). I am madly in love with my daughter, I adore my husband and not only am I passionate about art, literature, music, culture and writing, I am passionate about motherhood. I am a mum with attitude and while I put the wellbeing of my daughter first, I wish to remain independent and assertive. I am certainly no ‘font of mummy knowledge’ but I love to entertain and to share my experiences as a mum, whether it is writing about children’s books, baby products or dishing out advice. I write from my own experiences in the hope that other mums will relate and perhaps learn something new.

Wear Your Baby Like a Kangaroo With New Carrier Accessory

Aren’t kangaroos the most brilliant animals? – Keeping their babies safe and snug in mum’s pouch until ready to face the great Australian wild. The idea of nurturing by closeness is a philosophy that Etsy brand Go Future With Love has used to inspire the creation of the ‘Kangaroo Jacket’ – a 4in1, multifunctional baby-wearing hoody!

Wear Your Baby Like a Kangaroo With New Carrier Accessory

Handmade from quality-certified fleece and cotton, the Kangaroo Jacket is a ‘baby carrier accessory’ that features a spacious inner pocket that folds up snugly around babies from 0 to 2.5 years (dependent on size and weight) who are being worn by their parents. The jacket can also be worn as a normal hoody for everyday leisure use or as a maternity jacket. Continue reading

Top Five Tips For a Relaxing Family Holiday

Are the pressures of work robbing you of all enjoyment when it comes to precious family holidays? New research has shown that only 11 per cent of parents felt totally relaxed after their family holiday and a worrying 89 per cent felt moderately relaxed to not relaxed at all.

Top Five Tips For a Relaxing Family Holiday

The primary reason is that mums and dads just can’t leave work at the office. Wi-Fi is simply a click away these days and sometimes it takes a conscious decision to limit work whilst away, and to make a plan to keep it to an absolute minimum so as not to ruin their valuable family holiday. Continue reading

Family Holidays Spoilt by Work-obsessed Parents!

A new poll by family-friendly holiday experts Tots to Travel (https://totstotravel.co.uk/) has revealed that almost 60 per cent of parents work whilst on their family holiday.

Family Holidays Spoilt by Work-obsessed Parents!

Of these, 81 per cent either tolerated or were annoyed at their partner working on holiday, leaving a meagre 19 per cent in support of their partner working.  Continue reading

New Brand Launches Ready Meals for Tots – With Exotic Twist!

Mums! Listen up! If you haven’t already heard, there’s a new food brand on the horizon that is set to take the ready meal market by storm.

New Brand Launches Ready Meals for Tots – With Exotic Twist!

Mini nom nom’s is a healthy world food brand for kids and grown-ups. It’s just launched and its range of food is inspired by exotic locations and authentic cuisines from around the world. If you’re looking for a way to diversify your tot’s palate, this could be it! Continue reading

The 20 Best Books for 5 and 6-Year-Olds

It’s at the ages of 5 and 6 that reading takes on a whole new dimension. It’s at these ages that not only are children learning to read but they are beginning to pay attention to the complexities of storytelling – character development and the underlying emotions that drive words and text. It’s an amazing thing to be a part of!

The 20 Best Books for 5 and 6-Year-Olds

In ode to this beautiful stage f literary development, Melissa Taylor – a teacher, mama, and writer from Colorado (whose goal in childhood was to read every book in the children’s section of the library) – has put together a list of 50 top books for this age group; we’re sharing 2 with you (in no particular order): Continue reading