Holiday park operator, Parkdean, has just launched its annual The UK Our Way guide, which features 2014s top boredom-busting UK destinations and fun-filled attractions, as voted for by children for children.
So if you’re looking for ideas…
…here’s a snapshot of what the guide has to offer (the top three places voted for in each category):
Where is the yummiest ice cream you’ve tasted?
1. Roskilly’s Ice Cream Farm, Cornwall (for the second year running)
2. Yorkshire Dales Ice Cream Farm, Yorkshire
3. The Dartmouth Ice Cream Company, Devon
Where are the tastiest fish & chips?
1. Anstruther Fish Bar, Fife, Scotland
2. Stein’s Fish & Chips in Padstow, Cornwall
3. Magpie’s Café in Whitby, Yorkshire
Which beach is the best for building sandcastles?
1. Weymouth, Dorset
2. Holywell Bay, Newquay, Cornwall
3. Croyde Bay, Devon
Where’s the best beach to go crabbing or rock pooling?
1. Looe Beach, Looe, Cornwall
2. Polzeath Beach, Cornwall
3. West Runton Beach, Cromer, Norfolk
Where is the best place to go for a picnic?
1. Snowdonia National Park Visitor Centre, Conwy County, North Wales
2. Lost Gardens of Heligan, Cornwall
3. Barafundle Beach, Pembrokeshire, Wales
Where is the best spot for flying a kite?
1. Gower Peninsula, Swansea, South Wales
2. Filey Beach, Yorkshire
3. Watergate Bay, Newquay, Cornwall
Where is the best spot for a fun walk or bike ride?
1. New Forest National Park, Lymington, Hampshire (second year running)
2. The Camel Trail, Cornwall
3. Sherwood Pines Forest Park, Nottinghamshire
Where is the best place for getting active?
1. Go Ape, Crathes Castle, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
2. Parkdean’s Warmwell Snowsport Centre, Dorset
3. Edinburgh International Climbing Centre, Scotland
What’s the best swimming pool or water park you’ve ever visited?
1. Sandcastle Water Park, Blackpool, Lancashire
2. Splashdown Waterpark, Poole, Dorset
3. Water Park at Alton Towers, Staffordshire
Where is the best place to shop for souvenirs?
1. Cadbury World, West Midlands
2. Warner Bros Studio Tour, London
3. Western-super-Mare’s Grand Pier, Somerset
Where’s the best place to take pictures?
1. Isle of Bute, Scotland
2. Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park, Ilfracombe Devon
3. Yorkshire Sculpture Park, West Yorkshire
Which is your favourite place for discovering something new?
1. The Rainforest at the Eden Project, Cornwall and the National History Museum London (joint first)
2. Thinktank, Birmingham Science Museum, Midlands
3. Dinosaur Museum, Dorset
What’s your favourite animal sanctuary, zoo or aquarium?
1. Monkey World, Wareham, Dorset
2. The Cornish Seal Sanctuary, Cornwall
3. Edinburgh Zoo, Edinburgh, Scotland
What’s the best place to learn about history?
1. Beamish, County Durham
2. The National Maritime Museum, Cornwall
3. The Tank Museum, Dorset
Where is your ultimate fun day out?
1. Alton Towers, Staffordshire
2. Legoland, Windsor, Berkshire
3. Drayton Manor, Staffordshire
Notice the recurrences? – Cornwall, Yorkshire, Dorset…
The guide is split into six handy sections; Fantastic Food, Beach Fun, Outdoor Fun, Energetic Days, Making Memories plus Learning and Exploring. It comes in e-guide format, and be downloaded or printed off (and hauled about whilst traversing the landscape). CLICK HERE to download. For more info on family holiday planning, visit Parkdeanholidays.co.uk.