Exams are almost over and summer holidays are around the corner, which means it’s time to get those bikini bods fit and trim for the beach.
No more late night study binges because – that’s right, it’s party time!
To help you on your way, here are British Military Fitness trainer Mark Wood’s 15 tips on how we can shape up – and, most importantly; they don’t cost anything…
- Master the basics – squat, lunge, press up, sit-up, pull-up, dips (you can do ‘em at home).
- Train with intensity
- Use your own body weight
- Eat breakfast
- Ensure adequate hydration
- Don’t neglect cardio
- Get outside – fresh air is a lot better than soggy gym air
- Carbs are not the devil – they’re important for energy production, recovery, muscle growth and fat loss. Avoid sugary carbs.
- Have a variety (of exercises)
- Train with others
- Train three to four times a week
- 90/10 rule – eat to your goals 90 per cent of the time, cheat 10 per cent of the time
- Don’t beat yourself up
- Avoid low calorie diets
- Get some rest
For more a more detailed explanation on these top tips, read “Get lean and eat clean in 2015! Top health tips from fitness experts” at Expresslife.co.uk.