I have a lip balm fetish. I simply can’t resist the stuff. In tubs, tubes or sticks – all flavours, especially ones that are ‘foody’; candyfloss, marshmallow, cherry, cinnamon, vanilla… YUM – I must have it! All of it.
So… when I discovered a recipe on how to make your own lip balms, I was, needless to say, ecstatic! (And so was my purse.)
Company magazine’s recipe is fab! And it offers a use for those old lipsticks that populate your dressing table with meddlesome resilience.
Here’s what you need:
* 1 tbsp Vaseline petroleum jelly
* An old lipstick
* 1 drop of your favourite essential oil
* A microwave-safe bowl
* A spoon
* A small container or pot for storing
Here’s what you do:
1. Place the Vaseline in a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cut off an inch of your old lipstick and blend it into the Vaseline with the back of your spoon.
3. Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds on high, then stir, and heat for another 30 seconds or until liquefied (don’t let it boil).
4. Once liquefied, mix it again and pour into a clean container and freeze for 20 minutes until cool.
How easy is that!?
Source: Company – “easy-peasy tinted lip balm” March 2012, p87