What to study? What to study? – You know that you want to go to Uni but haven’t made up your mind about what course to study. How about Underwater Basket Weaving (at Reed College of Portland and the University of California) or Zombie Studies (at the University of Baltimore).
Then there’s ‘Fat Studies’ (at George Washington University) or Arguing With Judge Judy: Popular ‘Logic’ On TV Shows (at the University of California).
In case you’re wondering whether the weirdness (or awesomeness? – depending on your point of view) is only in America, it’s not.
The University of Edinburgh offers a UFO degree and Bath Spa University offers a degree in clowning (Foundation in Contemporary Circus and Physical Performance).
And yes – it does get more unusual; check out these ten unusual university courses:
- Selfies – a degree course on selfies (University of Narcissi, Greece)
- The Sociology of Miley Cyrus: Race, Class, Gender and Media – twerking included (Skidmore College, New York)
- Equestrian Psychology (Glyndwr University )
- Politicising Beyoncé (Rutgers University, New Jersey)
- Surf Science and Technology (Plymouth University or Cornwall College)
- Viking Studies (University College London)
- Ethical Hacking (University of Abertay Dundee)
- David Beckham – (his hair, marriage, abs – the works) a 12-week course that forms part of a degree in Sports, Media and Culture (Staffordshire University)
- The Phallus Course – (Occidental College, Los Angeles)
- Lady Gaga and the Sociology of Fame (University of South Carolina)
Anything that tickles your fancy?