With such a hectic pace of life, it’s all too easy to get caught up in the day-to-day, and lose sight of how our life is as a whole. It’s something we should all be doing though – reviewing where we are at the moment and if it’s helping us to get to where we really want to be.
If we ask ourselves these questions and give brutally honest answers, it should help to establish if we’re where we really want to be.
- What were my top three achievements in my home life and work life this year? How did they make me feel?
- What are my top three aims for my relationships, my self-development, and my career progression?
- What is holding me back from my aims?
- What am I grateful for in my life?
- Who do I spend time with most, and do they make me happy and help me to feel confident?
- What do I do that makes me feel my happiest and most relaxed? How can I do more of those things?
- Could I be spending my time better?
- What is most important to me? Earning a lot of money? Having a career? Spending time with family? With friends? Travelling?
We need to live in the present, definitely, but we shouldn’t forget to look up and assess the big picture every once in a while – just to make sure that the present we’re living in, is the best present it can be.